Cement poison is dependent on if the patient works with setting the cement or cement dust setting. Those working at close proximity to cement get issues with respiration because they inhale the dust. Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease or COPD could be triggered due to extended exposure to cement dust.
Exposure of skin to cement is also another type of cement poisoning that could occur. It could also result to allergic dermatitis which is a reaction of the skin as a result of prolonged interaction to irritants like cement. It could also result to eczema which is a patch of skin that is itchy, discoloured and flaking dead skin. This patch of skin could also be swollen.
Based on the symptoms developed by a person, there are various natural remedies that can be used in the management of cement poisoning. Food prescriptions and herbal remedies can aid in managing respiratory issues and minimize symptoms which include cough, wheezing, chest pain and irritation of the throat.
One is required to avoid cement and safeguard the skin so as to battle skin disorders associated with cement poisoning.
What Is the Treatment for Cement Poisoning?
You must seek help from a physician. Unless the poison control or physician tells you to, ever make the person throw up.
Give the Peron milk or water instantly if cement was ingested, unless you are told to do something different by a health expert. If convulsions, minimized alertness and vomiting which makes it difficult to swallow occur, water or milk should not be given.
Cement Poisoning Symptoms
The following are some of the frequent symptoms of cement poisoning:
- Adjustment in the level of acids in the blood
- Frequent loss of sight or pain in the eye
- Serious pain in the throat
- Bloody stool
- Pain and burning in the ears, tongue and nose
- Heart burn and acidity
- Serious abdominal pain
- Throwing up blood
- Light headedness and collapse
- Issues with breathing
- Inflammation of the throat
- Dermatitis and irritation of the skin
- Skin burns
Cement Poisoning Home Remedies
Cement consists of industrial solvents, tar, hydrocarbons and industrial glue. The following rules are important to adhere to so as to prevent a health emergency. Nonetheless, it is very crucial that you get in touch with your physician quickly to avoid complications.
- Do not coerce the person to throw up
- Wash the area using water for 15mins if the cement gets into the eyes of the person or has had an impact on the skin
- Ensue the person is moved to clean and fresh air
- If the person ingested the cement, give him water or milk instantly but if convulsion and vomiting is noticed, avoid giving milk or water
- Stay away from the chemical for a while
- Ensure Aloe Vera is applied to the body parts hat are exposed and have possibility of having interaction with the cement before working again. This ensures contact with the allergen is prevented. Aloe Vera aids in soothing the swollen skin and averting dermatitis.
- Consume 3-5 glasses of ginger tea as it is known to successfully battle inflammation and also minimizing the inconvenience in the eyes, ears and throat.