We all have heard and dealt with pimples on chest, back, or face at some point of time in life. It is possible for pimples to pop out at any part of the skin where oily glands are present.
The penile shaft is not an exception as well, as this surface also contains skin. Pimples on such a private part can bring about mixed emotions like fear and fretfulness. Main reason among most of the men for such emotions can be misinterpretation of pimple as a sexually transmitted disease. But the fact is, pimples on penile shaft are harmless and a result of over activity of little oil glands on the surface of skin.
It is always recommended to get in touch with a physician as and when one notices a lesion on the penile shaft. This is primarily because there might be different other conditions resulting in the pimple such as STDs, which must be ruled out. There cannot be more than 2-3 pimples on the penis. These tiny lesions do not come in clusters. Often, such pimples are self-limiting; they vanish automatically sometimes, without any need for treatment.
Red Painful Pimple On Penile Shaft
Pimples on penis can cause a lot of embarrassment to you, but you cannot avoid the condition as skin is present on the area. Most commonly, pimples on the sensitive part can occur in the twenties and teenage. At such a growing age, the oil glands are quite active. Nonetheless, there also have been cases of elderly men developing pimples on their penises. Most of the times, there is just one lesion, and at most one or two more. There have been rate occurrences when men have developed a group of pimples on their penis shaft. The reason is however same as that of development of pimple on face i.e. clogged or infected pores of skin. And as the person ages, the pimples subside and disappear completely.
Now when one sees a pimple on the penis shaft, there a few tips that can be taken care of. They are as follows:
- You must not pick or burst the pimple as it can further irritate the skin. In fact bursting the acne can make the treatment difficult and the healing process can become longer. This way, the pimple will remain on the shaft for longer time.
- In order to speed up the healing process, keep the penile shaft clean.
- As long the acne doesn’t heal, avoid any sexual contact with your partner.
- Stay away from foods which can make your acne worse. Spicy food, meat, and oily food should be avoided.
Treatment For Red Pimple On Penile Shaft
Medicine for pimples on penile shaft is same as that for other parts of your body. But before you begin the treatment for red painful pimple on penis, you should definitely rule out the possibility for any STD.
- Consult a doctor and get the pimple checked so that any doubt of STD can be cleared. Generally, pimples that appear in clusters are not merely a rash but a STD.
- Now once you are sure that the pimple is not because of STD, you can start the treatment. Treatment cannot be neglected especially when the pimples are painful. Such a condition can be really distressing and can cause a lot of discomfort particularly during intercourse or while wearing body hugging jeans.
- If the pimple on penis is cystic type, then you can treat it by removing the pus. Just be cautious and don’t pick the acne as it can worsen the situation. This can result in scarring on the site of pimple.
- In order to drain the pus, you can use a warm and moist cloth for the penile shaft.
- In case of redness on the penile region, rub ice on the region 2-3 times a day.
- Calendula officinalis ointment is a great treatment for the red painful pimple. Its antibacterial and astringent qualities can treat the acne well. However, you should contact a doctor well in advance before taking any ointment.
- Proper hygiene is significant for treating the acne faster.