Salt intake is necessary for any person to survive. Deficiency of salt (sodium chloride) can lead to an imbalance of electrolyte in body, thus causing several health related issues. In such a situation, there are lesser chances of allergy to salt.
But yes, there are chances where the contents of salt can act as an allergen for the person when the immune system gets reacted to a particular substance. Like if a person is allergic to iodine then consumption of iodine salt would react to the person eating the salt because of his allergy.
Now since there are different kinds of salt, a person who is allergic to one kind might not be allergic to other ones as well.
Hence, it is mandatory to know which salt kind has a person eaten before landing on the conclusion that the person is allergic to all kinds of salt because the chances are quite less.
Intolerance to Salt? Know the Symptoms
Some of the common symptoms that a person is allergic to salt include:
- Skin itching.
- Swelling in lips.
- Pain in abdomen.
- Tingling sensation in mouth or tongue.
- Anaphylactic reaction.
- Swelled face, tongue, or throat.
There are people who are completely intolerant to salt, so much that they develop allergy on touching salt. This can lead to itching on the body, thus causing rashes all over. This condition is known as contact dermatitis.
Some Natural Remedies For Allergy To Salt
As and when you think you are allergic to salt, it is best to get in touch with a doctor right away. The allergist or physicians are going to examine you properly and going to investigate your blood so as to confirm an allergy to salt.
Now in case the allergy is mild or moderate, there are a few things which can be done at home in order to deal with the allergy naturally. However, if the condition worsens, then checking with an allergist is a must and there is no alternative to it.
- In case of tingling sensation in your mouth or on tongue, just rinse your mouth with aloe vera juice. Do this as frequently as possible.
- Raw carrot juice should be consumed when there is itching or eczema.
- In case of diarrhea, pomegranate as well as bananas can be the most effective home remedy. Your pain is going to be eased on eating pomegranate seeds.
- Moreover, in case of hive or rash, you should prepare a paste of sandalwood and rose water and apply on it to get rid of the symptoms.