The stomach a part of the digestive system that is significant. It is where foods are broken down further after they are chewed and swallowed. The stomach has a lining which is tough that enables it tolerate the elevated acidity considerations like a Sac.
They are important in breaking food down just like enzymes. The digested food goes to the bottom area to enter the intestines where nutrients absorption happens from the stomach.
Disorders of the stomach come in various kinds and symptoms range from discomfort to pain, to rejection and indigestion of foods.
They can be complex or simple depending on their root cause. One frequent disorder of the stomach is heaviness, a type of passive feeling that makes the individual have a dull feeling.
Stomach Heaviness Causes
The heaviness in the stomach shows a presence of gas. The condition is known as bloating and it can be as a result of various factors, which include;
- Aerophagia. This occurs when the air swallowed by an individual while eating goes straight to the stomach instead of the lungs.
- Acid Reflux. Is a condition which both the throat and chest develop a burning feeling resulting to the food being regurgitated into the esophagus.
- One of the factors that contribute to it is digestive issues.
- Dyspepsia. Which is also known as upset stomach or indigestion is a host of symptoms which include bloating, burping and nausea. It is often as a result of the acid that gets in touch with the lining of the stomach known as mucosa.
- Overeating. Food bingeing or overeating is another factor that adds to the feeling of heaviness in the tummy.
Stomach Heaviness Symptoms
Based in the underlying reasons of stomach heaviness, the symptoms may differ. Some of them include;
- Sluggishness or Lethargy
- Feeling of discomfort
- Regular burping
- Lack of muscle coordination or feeling of disorientation
- Burning of the throat
- Heart burn
- Gas spasms
- Sharp pain in the abdomen
- Acidity in the throat and stomach
- Distended stomach
Stomach Heaviness can be Cured by Home Remedies
Some of these are the following:
If the heaviness of the stomach is as a result if aerophagia, the following tips should be followed by the individual;
- The food should be chewed appropriately and slowly. Indigestion can sometimes occur because foods are swallowed without chewing properly
- Aerated beverages and alcohol should be avoided. Also, utilising straw should be avoided.
- Do not lay down immediately after having a meal
- Some eggplants should be grilled and sodium bicarbonate should be added. They should be placed directly on the stomach and secured with a piece of cloth.
- Two grams of fennel seeds and currants should be prepared and soaked in a container filled with half a litre of water over night. The substances should be crushed and added to a glass of water in the morning. Sugar should be added and consumed.