If you have been experiencing fluttering in the throat or chest lately, there is no need for you to get worried. The manifestation is commonly experience by some people.
However, if the fluttering is noticeable on a daily basis and comes with other symptoms, it is best to get in touch with a physician.
As and when your heart skips a beat or it becomes fast, you will experience fluttering in throat or neck. Some form of strong physical activity or even an emotional trauma can cause this condition. So, it is best to get in touch with a reliable doctor in order to get a hang of the exact reason and treatment for the same successfully.
Know The Causes And Symptoms
There can be etiological factors concerned with fluttering sensations which have been discussed below:
- Cardiac arrest
- Strong palpitations and flutters can result from anxiety or too much stress
- GI derangements can also cause fluttering in the throat
- In some cases, thyroid can also be one of the reasons for the condition
Some signs associated with the problem are as follows:
- A feathery feeling
- You will sense your heart skipping beats
- Patients may experience palpitations in their throat and neck
- The sensation is common when you are active or at rest
How To Deal With Fluttering In Throat
A doctor would a stethoscope to check your heart beat if he thinks that heart disorder is the reason for these palpitations. He would also check signs like swollen thyroid gland. In order to know the exact cause for the condition, the doctor would ask questions concerned with lifestyle as well as every day diet. Some tests would be suggested in order to get the correct diagnosis.
- In order to find out the reasons for abnormality in the rhythm of heart, electrocardiogram may be recommended, which is a non-invasive process for capturing the electrical impulse.
- Holter monitoring would be done in order to detect the palpitations which might not get properly recoded in ECG.
- There is one more non-invasive method for getting to the cause for abnormal palpitations, which is through Echocardiogram. The result of this recording would help the doctors suggest you drugs to bring the heartbeat back to normal.
- Keeping a tab over the day-to-day lifestyle as well as diet is quite important. One must exercise properly everyday in order to stay fit. Also, checking thyroid hormone is important as then only the treatment is possible. If the problem is diagnosed timely then only the treatment would be possible. it is best to tell your physician about the medications you are taking as well your lifestyle and routine, then only a proper treatment would be possible.
- It is best to remain calm and stress free in such situations. One can try relaxation techniques such as tai chi or even meditation. One such cut off the intake of caffeine as well as energy drinks to manage the condition.