The agility of your fingers help you function in various fields in life which includes work sphere, in schools, as well as daily chores. However, if the normal functioning of fingers is compromised, it can end up in disruption and make the hand immobile for some time.
One can experience pain, inflammation, and even swelling on the finger due to the same. This means there is a popped blood vessel in your finger.
What Is A Popped Blood Vessel In Finger?
- It is called as paroxysmal finger hematoma and even Achenbach’s syndrome.
- It is not a common condition and there haven’t been many cases reported about the problem.
- It is a skin condition which is characterized by sudden hemorrhage on hands, palms, fingers, or volar part of fingers. There is nothing concerned with cardiovascular condition.
- It can appear suddenly or because of a minor injury.
- The cause for this condition is still unknown but isn’t harmful.
What Are The Symptoms Of Popped Blood Vessel In The Finger?
Some of the symptoms which are associated with this condition are as follows:
- Burning pain
- Sudden inflamed or swollen skin
- Redness on the hands or fingers
- Affected area can become bluish discolored.
What Can Be The Treatment Options?
Treating popped blood vessels is quite easy. Its treatment is similar to that of localized hematoma. This condition, most of the times, resolves on its own. However, some treatment tips are as follows:
- In order to ease the pain because of spontaneous hemorrhaging, one can apply cold compresses on the affected area initially.
- To benefit the absorption of clotted blood, apply warm compresses on the finger.
- Do not use blood thinners or even aspirin to worsen the condition. However, if you have been taking aspirin or blood thinners because of any other problem, then it is best to consult a doctor.
- Completely avoid indulging in sports or activities which might injure the hands or fingers and rupture blood vessels of the finger.
- As analgesics can cause bleeding, one needs to be extremely careful while consuming them. Nonetheless, pain medications should be taken if one is experiencing pain.
- It may be possible that blood vessel in the finger pops out again, so you need to be careful to avoid such a situation all over again.